menu Home chevron_right
Music News

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Hulu Reality Series No Longer in Production

Mr. Nimbus | 12/13/2023
image

Hulu has scrapped a reality show that was to follow Sean “Diddy” Combs and his family, according to a new report in Rolling Stone. Though it’s not clear when Hulu stopped making the show, the report comes after multiple allegations of sexual assault and abuse were lodged against the rapper and entrepreneur over the past month.

The project, which reportedly had a working title of Diddy+7, was being produced for Hulu by James Corden‘s production company, Fulwell 73, which also works on The Kardashians. A source with knowledge of the situation tells Billboard the show was in its nascent stages and is not currently in production.

Combs has been sued for sexual assault by a total of four women, including his longtime romantic partner, R&B singer Cassie, who accused him of rape and physical abuse, among other allegations. Though that case settled the day after it was filed, Combs was subsequently sued by three more women, all Jane Does, who say the hip-hop mogul sexually assaulted them. In the most recent case filed, the woman says she was “sex trafficked” and “gang raped” by Combs, former Bad Boy Records president Harve Pierre and another man in 2003 when she was 17. A separate case over that alleged incident was filed against Pierre and Bad Boy alleging sexual assault.

Combs has strongly denied all of the allegations; on Dec. 6, he released a public statement that said in part: “Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”

In the aftermath of the allegations, Combs stepped down from his role as chairman at Black music TV company REVOLT on Nov. 28. The company simultaneously released a statement saying that while Combs “had previously no operational or day-to-day role in the business, this decision helps ensure that REVOLT remains steadfastly focused on our mission to create meaningful content for the culture and amplify the voices of all Black people throughout this country and the African diaspora.”

According to Rolling Stone, a total of 23 brands have severed ties with Combs’ e-commerce marketplace Empower Global, which officially launched in July, since the allegations came out. The outlet also reports that in the wake of the lawsuits, liquor company Diageo — with which Combs has been embroiled in a bitter legal battle over his DeLeon Tequila brand for months — filed a request asking a judge to deny Combs’ request to control a $15 million marketing budget for DeLeon, which would entail his image appearing in new ads for the spirit.

Combs released a new album, The Love Album: Off the Grid, in September via his Love Records imprint.

If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence and need support and/or resources, reach out to RAINN and the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800-656-HOPE) for free, confidential help 24/7.

This post was originally published on this site

Written by Mr. Nimbus




This area can contain widgets, menus, shortcodes and custom content. You can manage it from the Customizer, in the Second layer section.

 

 

 

Newsletter

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Tiki Town Radio

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Pendulum Radio

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Global Darkness Radio

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Desire Unbound Spa Radio

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Nimbus Hits
    Today's hits and classic favorites

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Nimbus Entertainment 80s

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Nimbus Dark Dance

  • cover play_circle_filled

    Nimbus Punk
    Classic and modern punk and hardcore

play_arrow skip_previous skip_next volume_down
playlist_play